Thursday, June 16, 2005

Did you ever wonder ...

... why doctors call what they do "practice"?

And welcome to the blog, Phèdre!

I wonder whether we actually ever do get to intubate .. I guess not from what I heard. While it's not that big a deal over here, I suppose if you crack a few millimeters off someone's tooth you end up paying your ass off for life in the States. Never mind any other "complications". That's why we may have to confuse ourselves with the ones actually handling the trauma when we tell stories of our heroic deeds afterwards. Oh well. It could be worse. We could live in a country where they order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a diet coke, where they buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight, where they have lemon juice made with artificial flavor, dishwashing liquid made with real lemons, where they have drive-up ATM machines with braille lettering and where they sterilize the needles used for lethal injections.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iccy said...

You heard my blog entry before? Damn, and I tried my best to obscure where I copied it from. The "facts" in there are actually partially adopted from an e-mail I got today, it did not contain any information on the author though.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Iccy said...

Hmmmm .. I'm not sure you read what I said .. but what else is new ..

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
My Photo
My Photo
My Photo